Website Best Practices
Course Title: Best Practices for Building a Strong Website Foundation
Now that you have a business, you may be asking, “How does one build a good website? Do I have time? Must I spend a fortune on hiring someone to teach me?”
In Best Practices: Building a Website Foundation, you can learn the steps to build a website without hiring an expensive company. The course also accommodates your budget and your busy schedule by being affordable and allowing you to work at your own pace.
And, since your website must not only be built, but also be successful, this course teaches you how to: set your website apart from other websites and keep website visitors coming back with a high quality website; get your site ranked higher in search engines; and use your website to accommodate your business and marketing goals.
Best Practices: Building a Website Foundation shows how to:
• Build your own website using a simple do-it-yourself turnkey solution.
• Develop an objective, structure, design, and content for your website.
• Employ the concept of website navigation to help your website.
• Create for your site a company description, title tag, and keywords.
By the course’s end, you will have:
• Developed web navigation for your web presence.
• Developed your organic search engine optimization strategy.
• Built your own personalized business website.
• Hands-on experience working with a content management system (CMS) solution.
Who Should Take This Course?
• Business owners and anyone else looking to establish a web presence.
• Those with a website, but need guidelines in maximizing their website’s potential.
• Anyone wanting to hone their internet/marketing skills.
How will this help me and my business?
• Increase your business’s sales, customers, and popularity.
• Provide new ways of marketing your business.
• Increase your business’s credibility with a high-quality website and higher search
• Online learning platform with 24/7 access
• On-demand course
• Private and personalized password protected eLearning platform
• Private password protected web analytic dashboard for your business
• Unlimited access to course analytic during your course
• Step-by-step instructions
• Video tutorials
• Worksheets that reinforce learning
• Glossaries of terms
Quizzes and Evaluation
• Simple proficiency questionnaire
• Course evaluation
• Proficiency testing and certificate of completion
It is highly recommended that students take course #1, “What You Need to Know Before You Build a Website.” Students must have an understanding of the internet and working with a PC.
Step 1: Develop Website Content
• Establish your objectives.
• Determine the content you want on your website.
• Research other sites.
Step 2: Organize Website Content
• Structure your website to make it user-friendly.
• Enhance your site with quality web design and web copy.
Step 3: Website Navigation
• Choose a web site navigation style that best fits your users.
Step 4: Meet your Website Objectives
• Meet your website objectives with your web design.
• Give your website the right look and feel.
• Provide all the elements you want visitors to see.
Step 5: Website Design Services
• Optional services for helping you build your website